Thursday, March 26, 2009

IE6 is gonna burn




So, I was doing my daily check on Best Web Gallery and I came across a funny topic, offensive splash pages for people who visit your site still using IE6.



This is hilarious. This one is from Hugs for Monsters, where you can find a few more hilarious ones on there. My whole interest came from one of the newest sites featured on Best Web Gallery, New to York, where on the bottom there is just a brutal disclaimer basically saying if you're trying to view the site on IE6, it's not going to work and that you are an asshole for even attempting to view it with that browser. This is one of those agree and disagree type moments for me. I do believe people that still are resorting to using IE6 are slightly slow and should probably just unplug their computer and pack it in their closet to keep it from further abuse, then go cry in a corner while a middle eastern man pelts them with rocks. But, blatantly pointing that out is sort of a bold step. I'm the kind of person that laughs at something funny. But there are always those few who are the type that take offense to things that quite possibly does not even apply to them, but they would argue about it anyways because they think it's their duty, they know what they're talking about and you should listen to what they say because they are smart. All of those people should be punched in the shins. I'm more of the non-confrontational type though that would just kindly try and steer the brain dead IE6 user to bigger and better things (firefox, chrome, pretty much any other option). Offending people to the point of not wanting to return to your site...I don't know about all that. Either way, I laughed, and so should you.

No comments:

Post a Comment