Friday, March 6, 2009

Tricias New Site - Take 2




**UPDATE - Her site is done, check it out!


Well, in redesigning her site I started off with her new logo, since that would pretty much determine the branding for her whole site (as far as color, feel, etc.). You could compare the idea to someone's eye color, which sometimes determines a person's entire outfit. And now that I got that terrible analogy out of the way, turns out she didn't pick any of the logos I presented in the previous post. I did a couple more right after I did that post and she went with one of those tasty bundles. Again, as I said in the previous post she wanted her logo to be pretty simple and text oriented, that hasn't changed. But, I pushed for it to have a little more graphic element to it just to make it more interesting, and more recognizable I guess. This is what was decided on.





I tried this idea a few different ways before this one was decided on. I used a couple different fonts for her initials, I tried it with and without the word photography. But, she wanted "photography" to stay so there it is, and it's growing on me I guess. Either way, for some things you could still take away the "photography" anyways (like for stationary) to make it cleaner. She also initially wanted it to just be black and white. I added in the color and started with the convincing. I don't know, I just again wanted to opt for something a little more memorable. I went with the color I did because it's a color she likes and would be comfortable with, therefore would be more easily convinced. Plus I didn't really want to go with a color that's obnoxious or really bold because I don't want her to come off as unprofessional or an amateur. I'm actually really happy with how it turned out so it's all good. Sooo, after that was all settled, then it was on to the site designin.' She wasted no time with this one. The very first design I did she liked. I didn't really get to explore but that's alright. The first design I do is usually how I really want something to look, then every other design is just different versions of that first design. Unless of course the client wants to go in a whole different direction, then it's back to the drawing board. At this point, the site's actually almost finished. I have the mock-up of it here for your viewing McPleasure. It's just a taste, a tasty tasty taste.


So there you have it. I'm too tired to continue writing so go ahead and take all this in, so deep. Let me know what you think. It's easy, you press the comment button then lay your fingers on your "home row." Then proceed to type in an "I know how to type on my keyboard" type fashion. So then, maybe we could converse about my ideas I've presented here like normal humans, because feedback is key. Good talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment