Saturday, May 9, 2009

Album Identity




Doing album artwork is just one of those guilty pleasures for me. Every so often I get a request for it and it's such a nice break from the norm, get's my tummy churning like butter.



I couldn't love album covers any more. They are like a love child that I decided to raise on my own because my wife is a carny who left me in the midst of the night to run off with the rodeo clown. I decided to give a somewhat time line of the albums I've done thus far. Enjoy.

1. The Exorcism of Darryl Davis


This one was the first. He gave me complete freedom to do what I want. I did a bunch of ideas with the skull and this is the one he chose. It turned out pretty good in my opinion. If I could do it again though, I would've made the copy a tad bigger. Oh well.


2. Aqua Fly and the Space Monkey


I spent a whole day in Starbucks to make this piece of work. I loved it. It's not only one of my favorite album covers I've done but one of my favorite pieces of artwork I've ever done.


3. The Mixtape


This was my first real attempt at blending textures and what not in photoshop. I'll never look back.


4. Black Monday


This is the last one. Again, another attempt at experimenting with textures and blending options in photoshop. And like I said, I won't look back.


So there you have it. I haven't done a lot, but my passion for it is borderline inappropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment