Sunday, May 24, 2009

For the Love of the Game




Well, I wanted to put this up just for the sake of posting something I guess. It's some artwork I did whilst I was attending college.



I did this for my girlfriend (that's her with the tree on her head) as a sort of going away present when we were graduating, despite the fact that I live with her now. It was during my whole "Ralph Steadman" phase, which is the phase I'm always in when working with ink. This was me just playing around, and I had a lot of fun with it. It's ink, watercolor and colored pencil on canvas. I blew the ink around then drew whatever I saw in the random splatters of ink (I apologize that on this copy it's sort of hard to see some of the finer details, but you get the idea). I did some photoshop work once I got it onto the computer just to give it some texture. I really need to get back to the basics soon. I've had a blank piece of canvas sitting around the house for months now, and it stops me in the hall every so often and asks me why it's so empty inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment