Monday, May 4, 2009

Sitemap = Sex




**UPDATE - View the site here.

I recently read an article on sitemaps and found it quite arousing. I was then asked to build a new site for Harbortouch, geared for their independent sales offices.



As I was so inspired by the sitemap article I had just read, I decided to take that approach. This was literally the only design I made for it and right away it was a go. I'm actually completely finished with the site but it has to get it's final approval from the higher ups before it can go live. That's besides the point, I've discovered that doing sitemaps in this fashion is pretty much the sexiest thing a man/woman/manwo can do. It's good for a multitude of reasons; SEO, easy navigation, sexy aesthetics, and the list goes on. I just wish I had started doing sites this way sooner. Either way, this was the first one, and I'm completely happy with it. Once it's live I'll throw the link on here. It's weird though how much I overlooked this before. There are so many sweet ass sites I visit almost daily that have a sitemap in this fashion(Zooppa, The Book Cover Archive, DesignM.ag, Apple, Firefox, etc.), going to show that beautiful things attract beautiful, vain people. It's really a great tool for good design and awesome for SEO. It gives a detailed list of links to every page of your site on every page of your site. That way no matter what page of your site gets crawled by a search engine, your whole site will be accessible from that page. Boing. So, this is definitely something you should incorporate in all sites you create if the content allows. It's definitely something that will be present on my next site re-design. You can bet your ass and half a glass of Vladimir Vodka.

No comments:

Post a Comment